SHE is a three-in-one exhibition, celebrating women of Wagga through photographs, stories and recollections.
In Small Town Girl, photographer Elize Strydom documents the lives of teenage girls from small towns around the world.
HerStory profiles 50 significant women of Wagga’s past and present. Be inspired by stories of Wagga women including war heroes, an internationally renowned historian, a theatre queen, a tow truck driver who became a member of parliament, and the girl who saved drowning boys in Lake Albert.
Evolution includes the portraits and stories of 32 women who nurtured the Wagga Women’s Health Centre from 1979 to 2019. The Women’s Health Centre is a story of not only helping local women, but battling oppression and chauvinism. Learn about the obstacles they had to over come to provide local women with the health support they both needed and wanted. The things women today take for granted were once not so simple.
Visit the exhibition
- Opening times: Tuesday to Saturday 10am to 4pm, Sunday 10am to 2pm, closed Mondays
- Dates: Saturday 9 March to Sunday 9 June 2019
- Location: Museum of the Riverina Historic Council Chambers site, corner Baylis Street and Morrow Street, Wagga Wagga
- Cost: Free
COMPETITION | Share with #SHEWAGGA for the chance to win!
Visit Small Town Girl at the Museum of the Riverina Historic Council Chambers site and share your shots on Instagram using #SHEWAGGA for the chance to win a Fujifilm instax SQUARE Instant Camera. Small Town Girl photographer Elize Styrdom will judge the most creative entry as our winner!
The Small Town Girl exhibition is part of SHE, on display at the Museum of the Riverina Historic Council Chambers site until Sunday 9 June, 2019.
Terms & Conditions
- Take a photo or selfie while enjoying the Small Town Girl exhibition, and share it publicly on Instagram using #shewagga.
- Entries must be shared between 9 March and 9 June, 2019.
- The prize is one Fujifilm instax SQUARE Instant Camera with an additional pack of film – valued at $234. The prize may be posted to the winner within Australia if required, and is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- The most creative entry will be chosen as the winner by Small Town Girl photographer Elize Strydom.
- Winner will be contacted via Instagram DM within one (1) week of the competition end. They will have 48 hours to claim the prize before it is offered to the next best entry.
- Open to Australian residents aged 18 and over.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Instagram.