Adoption Connections meeting
While Without Consent: Australia's Past Adoption Practices is in Wagga Wagga, the Museum of the Riverina is hosting an Adoption Connections meeting to assist people whose lives have been impacted by adoption. The meeting will be run by the Benevolent Society's Post-Adoption Resource Centre.
The Adoption Connections Meeting is an opportunity for people affected by adoption and their family members to find out more about post adoption, current developments and “down the track” issues:
- How do I find out about my/my child’s adoption?
- How do I search for my child/my parents/my siblings?
- Do I now have the right to find my birth father?
- Post contact – down the track: I need help to try again.
- After years of not knowing, I’ve found out I am adopted!
- Doing search and reunion in an online age.
- Hear guest speakers share their experiences of adoption and connect with others in a similar situation. There will be time for questions and informal discussion. Resources and books will be available.
We have been very touched by the personal stories we have listened to…”
I found it very informative and emotionally healing
Museum of the Riverina
243 Baylis Street, Wagga Wagga
Tuesday 30th May 2017
6 - 8:30pm
Coffee/Tea & Snacks provided
Please RSVP before 16th May 2017
on (02) 9504 6788 or 1300 659 814 or email email@example.com. To contact the organisers on the day only call 0410 023 887.